Posts

Showing posts with the label SQL Server

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server

Image
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
In this post I am going to show you the way to overcome this issue.
Just follow the quick steps:
(i) Open SQL Server Configuration Manager


(ii) Start the selected services as given in image below.


In most cases these steps will fix your issue. Thanks.

Time Out to Connect SQL Server Issue

When performing tasks involving a large amount of data in Ultimate Survey Enterprise survey software via your web browser, an error is thrown that looks similar to the following:
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Timeout expired
Solution:
1. Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager and find the server that contains your Ultimate Survey Enterprise survey software database. 2. Right click on the server name. 3. Select properties. 4. Choose the Connections tab. 5. Increase the query timeout value. The value is in seconds. Set it to 0 for unlimited time 6. Click OK.

Database 'compuzitdb1' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space

Today in the morning when I tried to access my one of the website it displayed titled error. I got socked that why this error coming up. The reason was my Database Host Provider where changed the server and he missed something to activate for my database and this causes the error "Database 'compuzitdb1' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space".
When I contacted to DB experts they told me to be relax because it is a normal DB error and can be fixed by trying the following checks.
1) If possible add more hard drive space either by removing of unnecessary files from hard drive or add new hard drive with larger size.
2) Check if the database is set to Autogrow on.
3) Check if the account which is trying to access the database has enough permission to perform operation.
4) Make sure that .mdf and .ldf file are not marked as read only on operating system file system level.
I hope this post will help you to fix such issues. Comment please.

Failed to update database \APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF because the database is read-only

Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\COMPUZIT\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
Today when I configured IIS on Windows 7 machine, my all websites displayed titled error, when I googled the fix then I got following that fixed my error.
1.) Make sure your virtual directory is running ASP.NET. 2.) Give the user ASPNET full control over the App_Data directory found within your website. 3.) Restart IIS to refresh its permissions.
I hope this post will help you to fix your machine error.

Popular posts from this blog